Join Women in Agriculture Scotland and make a difference!
It is well reported that women play an active and essential role in Scottish agriculture at all levels. There are women already running their own farm, croft or smallholding, and doing a fantastic job. There are excellent and talented women leaders in Scottish Agriculture.
However, there are also many women who have been excluded by outdated attitudes and behaviours, far too few represented in leadership roles and there are still too many barriers for women to reach their full potential.
The aim of Women in Agriculture Scotland is to support, inspire and develop women in Scottish Agriculture to achieve their aspirations and create a more progressive, successful and inclusive industry.
The objects of the Association are:
- To support members to build and foster networks within the agricultural industry.
- To act on behalf of members to influence and further the progression of women in agriculture to achieve equality of opportunity in the industry.
- To inspire members to reach their full potential.
- To develop members personally and professionally.
If you agree with these aims and objects, you can join Women in Agriculture Scotland.
- Membership is free.
- Membership is open to men, women, young old and everyone in between.
Click on the link below to join and make Scottish Agriculture a more progressive, successful and inclusive industry going forward.
Women in Agriculture Scotland is holding its first AGM on the 24th of November 2020. See notice of the AGM here. If you would like to view the ballot paper nomination list and bios for those who have put themselves forward to sit on the committee, please see here.